Well, I was trudging through a pretty dreadful Monday this week when my phone buzzed and I received a notification that Marigold Blooms of By the Wayside had nominated me for The Black Cat Blue Sea Award. What a lovely surprise!
The Black Cat Blue Sea Award is given to bloggers who have written something that appeals to a wide audience and has had the power to move a reader, inspire or just make them smile.
The Rules Are:
- Anybody nominated can nominate up to eight other bloggers.
- The nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
- If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
1. What in the last month has touched or inspired you the most?
Michelle Obama’s speech on women. I almost didn’t watch it because I knew it was part of a campaign speech, but I decided to give it a listen after a good friend promoted it and I was deeply moved. Sometimes great wisdom can be found in unexpected places.
2. Is there a book you read recently that you especially enjoyed? Share! Or what is your favorite book or author?
“Enjoyed” is an interesting word. I’ve recently pulled on some galoshes and sludged my way through Joseph Campbell’s The Hero with a Thousand Faces. And boy am I glad I did! It’s one of those books that I knew “in theory” but had never sat down and given a close read. It’s a dense but incredibly insightful look at the power of storytelling and the psychological impact it has had for thousands of years.
3. What advice would you give your younger self?
It is never wrong to stand up for you. You own your own boundaries. You are the author and main character of your own life story.
- What book in your life has influenced or shaped you the most?
- What is one silly thing that has the power to make you truly happy?
- If you could be doing anything anywhere in the world (or elsewhere!) right at this very moment, what would it be?
No pressure on responding to the questions; just know that I have really enjoyed your content and wanted to share your work:
Be sure to check out what these folks are up to and thanks again to Marigold Blooms; be sure to check out her blog as well. She writes about life’s journey, changes, and how important it is to get off the beaten path.
October 26, 2016 at 10:50 am
LikeLiked by 1 person
October 26, 2016 at 10:56 am