I am dreaming of indulgence today. Here is what I am dreaming of:
- Fresh vegetables with flavors that tingle on the tongue.
- A long, invigorating walk full of the damp smell of early morning.
- The zinging joy of a smart choice, a good investment, a brave resolution.
- The peace of five minutes alone with your own breath.
- The thrill of a good bargain thoughtfully purchased.
- A steaming hot bubble bath that soaks into your bones.
- The laughter of a child as you play with them.
- An act of kindness with no reward but your feeling of wholeness.
- Rich hot tea with just a touch of cream.
- The serenity of a room arranged in a whole new way.
- The pride of a small accomplishment.
Being good to yourself isn’t a sacrifice. It’s an indulgence. And it’s one you can give yourself every single day